Abigail's Prayer

Father, thank you for filling our quiver. Thank you that You are bigger than hysterectomies. We asked, and it was given to us. We sought, and we found. We knocked, and it was open to us. (Matthew 7:7) We sought Your will and Your grace in regards to having more children. You answered and You blessed. “Come and hear, all who fear God and I will tell of what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth and He was extolled with my tongue. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer nor His loving kindness from me.” (Psalm 66:16,17,20)

Thank you for our beautiful baby girl, Abigail Faith. And just as her namesake (David's wife, Abigail) I pray that she will be a woman of good understanding and intelligence (I Samuel 25:3). But above all, I pray that she would be known among the women for her steadfastness and faith. May You alone be her rock and her salvation.

Father, I pray that You would begin a work in Abby that will produce fruits of faithfulness, goodness, self-control, love, peace, joy, and kindness. Put within her heart a desire for the greater gifts – that of hope, faith and love. I pray that You would open her heart at an early age. May she embrace and love Christ and His bride, the church. May she serve faithfully. May she love with all gentleness and patience. Place within her heart the desire to be obedient, kind, and loving. Help her to love Jesus more than anything in this world.

If it is Your will for her to marry, I pray that You would help BJ and I to teach her what it means to be a respectful and submissive helper. I pray that I will model for her what it means to have a gentle and quiet spirit. I pray that BJ will model the endearing love of Christ. May You find a suitable husband for her that will love and protect her as Christ loves and protects His church. Help BJ and I to graciously give Abby to her husband when it is time for her to cleave to him. Help us to love, respect, uplift, and honor her marriage.

Father, use her hands for ministry. Give her strength and courage to serve faithfully. Open her ears to hear the Word. Fill her with wisdom and discernment. Fill her mouth with words that edify and encourage. Use her passion and energy to proclaim the new life that is found only in Christ Jesus. Give her the gift of hospitality for Your glory. May she always hide Your Word in her heart. Control her tongue so that she will not dishonor You in gossip or slander. Keep her heart free from bitterness.

Help Abby to understand and rejoice in what You have done in bringing her into our family. I pray that she will embrace Your will. May You use her as a loving, forgiving, and gracious witness of the gospel to her birth family when it is Your will to reunite them.

Gracious Father, may Your will be done. Glorify Yourself in our precious daughter, Abigail Faith.

“Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak . . . Daddy is weak . . . Mommy is weak . . . Abby is weak, but HE is strong . . . Yes, Jesus loves me!”

(BJ has literally sung this song to Abby every night before bedtime. She LOVES this song . . . So much so, that whenever she gets fussy or mad, Byron and Lydia automatically start singing this song to her and it instantly calms her down. Beautiful!)

Comments

Popular Posts