Wherever He Leads I'll Go


The hymn, Wherever He Leads I'll Go, has special meaning to me. Although the story behind this hymn is worth noting. You can click on the following link to find the meaning behind the words:



BJ and I were living in Ohio back in 2004. BJ was in his first year of ministry as a pastor of a local Baptist church. Conflict in the church led to his removal and church split.


This was already an intense time for BJ and myself, as we were in the process of adopting Lydia. Our removal from the church meant that we would lose our income and need to move. What was God doing? Were we going to lose Lydia? Adoption is COSTLY, especially if you do it privately, and we had to live in-state with her for 6 months until the adoption finalized. I remember many days of weeping.


I will never forget the day of the vote. Before the morning service, several of us met in the sanctuary to pray. A hand full of folks were on their knees begging for God's mercy & help. I got up after we prayed and went to the piano and started playing & singing hymns. The hymn the Lord lead me to that morning was Wherever He Leads I'll Go. Since that morning the words (and emotions) of that song have been forever seared onto my heart. It holds such special meaning to me. That morning, I prayed to truly find joy in Christ alone and to be obedient in whatever He was going to do.


11 years later . . . 
We, obviously, were able to adopt Lydia Grace! Praise the Lord! God led us to a sweet church in Texas after her birth where we served & worshiped alongside precious brothers & sisters in Christ - and who helped us adopt a couple of more! (You can read about that journey on my other BLOG - Adoption BLOG) God took the pain of those days & months in Ohio and used it for HIS glory and our good. I am thankful for His faithfulness and grace.
 
“Take up thy cross and follow me,”
I heard my Master say;
“I gave me life to ransom thee,
Surrender your all today.”

Wherever He leads I’ll go,
Wherever He leads I’ll go,
I’ll follow my Christ who loves me so,
Wherever He leads I’ll go.

He drew me closer to His side,
I sought His will to know,
And in that will I now abide,
Wherever He leads I’ll go.

It may be through the shadows dim,
Or o’er the stormy sea,
I take my cross and follow Him,
Wherever He leadeth me.

Comments

Popular Posts