Do you believe ALL of God's Word is truth?


 I have been thinking about the following question a lot the past couple of months:
Do I believe ALL of God's Word is truth? 
During life's most difficult trials, I often find myself asking this question. I think we are left with two options.
(1) Yes. I believe God's Word is truth. Therefore, I must obey all of it and worship!
(2) No. I don't believe all of God's Word to be truth. If this is the case, it doesn't matter how I live.
When you are on your death bed . . .
When you experience the death of a child or someone else you love & cherish . . .
When you feel the darkness of depression and nothing seems to break the sadness . . .
When you are tempted to stop for a moment on a channel to enjoy nudity or perhaps your fingers are tempted to search the internet for things that damage the soul . . .
When sickness is your companion night & day and you long for death to take the pain away . . .

When you feel the sting of sin & pain, I believe you are often left with the above question. Are you going to bet everything on Jesus or not?

If I say “I am a follower of Christ” than my life should reflect & smell so sweetly of Jesus. This does not mean I live a life of perfection. Nor does it mean my life becomes void of pain & trials. But my life should be radically different from the world. Even my response to sin & suffering are radically different from the world.

I remember lying in bed one day (in the midst of a major trial) asking myself, "Do I really believe Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light? Of all the religions in the world . . . of all the "saviors" . . . is Jesus THE only way to Heaven? Is He the Savior of the world?" Yes. I believe He IS the only way. So, what does that mean for me? It means I must obey & believe ALL of Scripture for Jesus is "the living Word" and we are commanded to obey it/Him. Therefore, my response to sin & suffering is hope. My response is worship.

The Bible has MUCH to say about suffering yet we often choose the world (and not believe Scripture) when we face seasons of trials & heartache. How often do we reject truth when we put-on a self that is waist deep in worldly muck & grime? Is Jesus and the truth of Scripture our hope and comfort? Do we look to Christ for wisdom & help? Do we long for the day when our eyes will close in death and open again to see the Word of God in the flesh! Hallelujah! Maranatha!!

Let's take a look at Scripture. What does God/Jesus have to say about the Word and how we should obey it in all areas of life?

Hebrews 4:12 says,
“For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

In Psalm 119,
“Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways! You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes!” 

And Jesus himself says in Luke 11:28 and 14:15,
“Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

He also says in John 14:21,
“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

So, who are you betting your life on? Who will be your savior?

If you believe Jesus to be the Son of God and you believe God's Word to be true, than begin today by living a life that reflects what you believe. This is your life. This is your eternity. What you believe to be true about God is the most important thing about you. It will be what sustains you through life's most difficult trials & suffering.

I choose Jesus and I am betting everything on Him!!

Comments

Popular Posts